For the brownie batter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup or 4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 packet vanillin
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
For the cheesecake batter
- 230g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ packet Vanillin
- ½ cup chocolate chips
For the brownie batter:
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat butter and chocolate just until melted.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt
- Whisk in flour until
- Spread in baking pan.
For the cheesecake batter:
- Whisk together cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Dollop over brownie batter, then swirl in with a knife or spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over cheesecake/brownie batter swirl.
- Bake until edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Original Recipe can be found here.