For the dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup soy milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup soy butter
For the filling:
- ½ cup melted soy butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
For the icing:
- 1 tablespoon soy butter
- 1 package vanillin sugar
- 3 teaspoons hot water
for the dough:
- mix together 1¾ cups flour, yeast, and salt. set aside.
- in a small saucepan, heat the milk, water, butter, and sugar over med-low heat until it reaches 120-130F, stirring constantly. pour into the dry mixture and beat until smooth.
- add ½ cup flour and beat for another 2 minutes.
- gradually add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- knead dough. cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- once dough has risen, roll out into a rectangle, approx ¼” thick. spread melted butter over top, and sprinkle filling overtop, leaving a ½” border all the way around.
for the filling:
- combine brown sugar and cinnamon. (double amounts, if necessary, to cover the area.)
- roll the dough as for a jelly roll, keeping it as tight as possible. when you get to the end, pinch the dough along the top and cut into 12 rounds, using a knife or bench scraper. place rolls on a greased pan and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. let cool slightly, then top with glaze.
for the glaze:
- combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and hot water and stir until you reach a smooth consistency.
Original Recipe can be found here.